Economy Specialised Personnel Key Industries Companies by Industry Partners / Networks Commercial Areas / Real Estate Business Development Service Offerings Subsidisation Funds Partners in the Region
Living and Working Cities Annaberg-Buchholz Aue Brand-Erbisdorf Freiberg Marienberg Oelsnitz/Erzgebirge Olbernhau Schneeberg Schwarzenberg Stollberg Zschopau Zwönitz Erzgebirge District Education Culture/Sports/Living Culture in the Erzgebirge Sports in the Erzgebirge Young Erzgebirge Your Future in the Erzgebirge Jobs
Tourism Holiday Region Holiday Themes Fit & Active History & Tradition Experience & Enjoyment Lodging & Travel Packages Events Current Events Athletic Events Cultural Events Christmas in the Erzgebirge
Major District Town of Zschopau
For recreational activities, there is a path to the open-air pool with a bowling alley on Krumhermersdorf Street. Right nearby there is also a beautifully constructed sports stadium with football, tennis and training fields as well as local sports facilities and playgrounds. For those interested in playing golf, there is a 9-hole golf course with a large practice area.
For winter sports as well, there are many options. For example, the winter sports centre “Am Zschopenberg,” offers a ski-jump facility and a ski slope with two tow lifts. Enthusiastic cross-country skiers come to the area around Zschopau to enjoy the trails, for example, in Bornwald.
Places worth seeing
- the Wildeck Castle with its castle keep, “Dicker Heinrich,” which is used as a viewing tower
- the motorcycle exhibit, “Motorcycle Dreams"
- rooms restored in Renaissance style
- open workshops, baroque gardens with castle tours
- the historic old city with town houses, the new and old markets
- the old Town Hall with its gate
- the city coat of arms and glockenspiel
- the new Town Hall with the Renaissance gate
- Saint Martin’s Church with the third largest baroque organ in Saxony
- a stone arched bridge built in 1813 with a memorial stone, “Zshap mei Geeß.”
Traditional festivals in Zschopau
- the regularity race for old-time automobiles on the last Sunday in June
- the “Schloss- und Schützenfest,” (castle and shooting festival) on the last weekend in August
- the “Rund um Zschopau” endurance run at the end of October
- the Christmas Market held during the second weekend of Advent
The mining city of Zschopau welcomes you!