Economy Specialised Personnel Key Industries Companies by Industry Partners / Networks Commercial Areas / Real Estate Business Development Service Offerings Subsidisation Funds Partners in the Region
Living and Working Cities Annaberg-Buchholz Aue Brand-Erbisdorf Freiberg Marienberg Oelsnitz/Erzgebirge Olbernhau Schneeberg Schwarzenberg Stollberg Zschopau Zwönitz Erzgebirge District Education Culture/Sports/Living Culture in the Erzgebirge Sports in the Erzgebirge Young Erzgebirge Your Future in the Erzgebirge Jobs
Tourism Holiday Region Holiday Themes Fit & Active History & Tradition Experience & Enjoyment Lodging & Travel Packages Events Current Events Athletic Events Cultural Events Christmas in the Erzgebirge
Major District Town of Stollberg
At the foot of the Erzgebirge—in the heart of Europe
In the Stollberger Tor industrial zone, 42 companies occupy 95% of its total area of 52 hectares. There are additional newly created zones available right on the A72. Our companies share one thing in common: they are innovative and trendsetting. High technology development, surface finishing and the automobile industry are only a few of the strong elements in the valuable portfolio of our industrial zones.
The service sector is concentrated in our inner city solo enterprises and commercial areas. As a major centre, the city performs administrative and economic functions for an area of interest that includes about 90,000 people. The family-friendly small city of Stollberg, with about 12,000 inhabitants, seamlessly combines workplace and quality of life:
- grade school, middle school and Gymnasium
- five child care centres
- a fully modern hospital as well as a balance between conventional medicine and alternative health care
- attractive sites for building private homes
- indoor and many outdoor playgrounds
- flexible and community-friendly city administration
Did you know that...
- ... in the last few years, Stollberg has developed into one of the most important industrial sites on the A72?
- ... Stollberg sponsors regular business round-tables so that entrepreneurs’ ideas can be more easily implemented?